Radon is a gas formed naturally when radioactive metals break down in elements of nature. Long-lasting and concentrated exposure to radon can cause several adverse effects.
Radon testing and treatment estimate the current radon levels in enclosed spaces like your homes or workplaces and whether it is at a high rate. A treatment plan to minimize and prevent more radon from entering is curated by experienced services that benefit your requirements. Effective and skilled specialists are available if you’re looking for radon treatment in Belvidere, New Jersey
Development Of Lung Cancer
Lung cancer is a type of cancer that develops in the lungs and has the highest fatality rates in cancer deaths. Radon damages the lining of cells in your lungs and affects your tissues and cell behavior. The chances of you getting diagnosed with lung cancer are higher if you are also a regular smoker or inhale secondhand smoke frequently.
- Severe coughing that lasts for a long time period with no recovery and might be bloody.
- Chest pain might spread in your body.
- Difficulty in breathing and a feeling of your chest constricting.
- Wheezing, which is a sound that occurs when you breathe.
- Fatigue and losing weight unhealthily.
Radon also exists in groundwater resources such as wells and springs. These are especially prominent in areas where granite and gravel are present. Consuming water with high levels of radon can cause cancer in your internal organs, specifically your stomach. If you make use of a private well for your water supply, it is necessary to get it tested and treated effectively at the source of the supply.
Radon Treatment Plans:
- It is crucial to test the radon levels in your house using a short-term or long-term test. Short-term tests last no longer than 2-90 days which long term last longer. You can select one based on your needs.
- These are economical devices and include charcoal canisters, ionization chambers, and alpha-track detectors.
- Understanding the foundation of your house helps install suction pipe systems to expel the radon from your house.
- Sealing entry points for radon gas to enter lowers their chances of entering and accumulating.
- Creating air pressure in the lower levels of your house to prevent the entry of radon.
- Granular Activated Carbon filtration of water or aeration treatments.